free forum

Share | 

AMD Launches the Fastest ATI Professional Graphics Card Ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Damhieyu
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: AMD Launches the Fastest ATI Professional Graphics Card Ever   Sat May 01, 2010 9:49 am

You know, Advanced Micro Devices has been awfully quiet lately. Sure, an AMD processor and graphics using system delivered every now and then but nothing really big. Well, up until now, that is. Because the company has just announced the launch of what is currently its most powerful professional 3D graphics card, the ATI FirePro V8750. With 800 shader engines, a bandwidth of 115.2 GB/s, this graphics card is really a sight.

“We’re amazed at the performance boost to our already fast MachStudio Pro real-time 3D workflow and rendering product with the new ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator,” said David Koenig, CEO, StudioGPU. “Powered by the new ATI FirePro workstation graphics accelerator, the MachStudio Pro non-linear real-time 3D finishing workflow enables design firms and 3D artists everywhere to power through big, complex projects amazingly fast.”

The ATI FirePro V8750 uses an intelligent management system that makes sure to channel resources where and when it is needed so the card doesn't wear itself out when it doesn't have to. While the card is definitely made for more... professional use... I can't but think how cool it will be to use it with a “professional application” such as... a new Crysis game. I know, the gamer inside me is hard to be contained but this graphics card is really impressive.

Have I mentioned it has 2GB of GDDR5 frame buffer memory, two DisplayPort outputs and will be able to use the new ATI CrossFire Pro technology, enabling the user to add a second card for ultimate power? While initial support will be Windows XP only, there are already drivers in the making for other operating systems, due to arrive in the second half of 2009. The ATI FirePro V8750 is priced at an MSRP of 1,799 USD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spusjsit.niceboard.biz

AMD Launches the Fastest ATI Professional Graphics Card Ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1